Over its century-long history, Buick has become renowned for its exceptionally quiet interiors. The introduction of the 2012 Buick Verano to Columbia, South Carolina is no exception, delivering a world-class, library-quiet driving experience. Buick’s Quiet-tuning systems, processes and components are built into every facet of the new Buick Verano’s architecture. All are designed to block or absorb sound and dampen or eliminate vibrations.
Hydraulic ride bushings, for example, and an isolated engine cradle combine to reduce or eliminate common vibration pathways that can be transmitted to the passenger compartment. Similarly, a number of noise-reducing and noise-cancelling technologies are employed throughout the body structure, including:
- The steel front-of-dash panel is sandwiched between two damping mats
- Nylon baffles are used in various hollow portions of the body structure and filled with sound-absorbing foam that expands when the body enters the paint oven
- The headliner comprises five layers of thermal fiber acoustic material, including a premium woven fabric on the visible outer layer
- Patches of sound-damping material are applied in strategic locations throughout the body structure and melt around the contours of the sheet metal below when the body passes through the paint oven
- Sound insulation material between rear-body structural components that is made from recycled denim
- Triple-sealed doors include fiberglass “blankets” that serve as water, airflow and noise barriers. The doors are also beta-braced, meaning they close with a solid, precise sound and no resonance
- Optimized windshield and side glass for quietness, with 5.4-mm-thick laminated windshield and 4.85-mm laminated side glass to keep Columbia’s noises at bay
- The engine’s intake and exhaust systems are tuned for quiet performance
- Isolated brake and fuel lines prevent vibrations.
Even the wheels and tires are designed with keeping Verano quiet in mind. The standard 17-inch aluminum wheels are manufactured in a unique way to enhance quietness, while the tires minimize road noise.
Buick Verano For Sale in Columbia SC Starting Late 2011
The 2012 Buick Verano will be available for sale in Columbia, South Carolina in the fourth quarter of 2011, with pricing to be announced. When the Verano becomes available, you can find it at Jim Hudson Buick. Jim Hudson is the oldest Columbia Buick dealer with many years serving the needs of Columbia Buick drivers for both sales and service. Jim Hudson has been voted Best New Car Dealership in Columbia by readers of The State an unmatched ten years in a row, a testament to Jim Hudson’s commitment to complete customer satisfaction before, during, and after the sale. Jim Hudson is located at 7201 Garners Ferry Road in Columbia, SC, and can be reached by phone at (803) 783-0110.
New Buick Cars for sale in Columbia, SC
downloading - done
downloading - done